- 2014 Quinzaine des Réalisateurs / Directors’ Fortnight Cannes, France
- 2012 Student Academy Award / Student Oscar® Best foreign film, USA
- 2012 Best Film of 2012 German Film Critics Association
- 2012 Golden Award Beijing Film Festival, China
- 2012 Best Cinematography Rhode Island Film Festival, USA
- 2012 Best Film Sehsüchte/inter. Student Film Festival in Potsdam, Germany
- 2012 Best Director Nominee and spezial mention Studio Hamburg Young Talent Award
- 2013 Grand Prix Brest ISFF, France
- 2013 Best Actors Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- 2013 Best Film Tresen Film Festival in Dortmund, Germany
- 2010 Special prize of the young jury FIDEC/International student film festival in Huy, Belgium
- 2014 TORN / Fiction / 22 min. / HD / Azerbaijan / GER
- 2012 The Swing of the Coffin Maker / Fiction / 29 min. / HD / Azerbaijan / GER
- 2011 Behind Closed Eyes / Fiction / 12 min. / 16mm / GER
- 2010 Wherever We Are / Documentary / 5 min. / HD / Albania / GER
- 2010 The Bunker / Documentary / 2 Min. / HD / Albania /GER
- 2010 Fired! – Social spot for ministry of taxes and social affairs / Social spot / 2 min. / HD / Azerbaijan
- 2010 Letters – Social spot for the ministry of taxes / Social spot / 30 sec. / HD / Azerbaijan
- 2010 I Am Actor / Fake Documentary / 18 min. / HD / GER
- 2008 Shamil / Fiction / 15 min. / 16mm / GER
- 2008 AIDS SPOT / Social spot / 30 sec. / HD / GER
- 2006 I Am Here / Documentary / 7 min. / miniDV / GER
Elmar Imanov was born in 1985 in Baku, Azerbaijan. Since 1998 he is living in Cologne, Germany. After several practical trainings in Germany and Azerbaijan he studied "directing" at the ifs internationale filmschule köln.
His graduation film The Swing of the Coffin Maker (2012) was presented on over 100 film festivals and won 30 awards worldwide including the Student Academy Award / Student Oscar® in the category “Best Foreign Film”.
His next short film TORN (2014) had its world premiere at the Directors’ Fortnight in Cannes.
Both films were produced by Eva Blondiau with whom he founded the production company COLOR OF MAY.